On the 3rd of February I would have spent 5 years working for PayPal hence I am due for a 4 weeks sabbatical.
Right now I am hoping to provide some form of value for 3 out of the 4 weeks available to me, if you are reading this you are probably interested in what I have worked on in the past few years and what kind of value I can provide, do find all the details below:
What I worked on
Senior Software Engineer (2014-2017) Braintree PayPal
- Help scale Braintree’s core funding application reducing the time batch jobs took to complete from days to minutes in some of the cases.
- Help build out Braintree’s instant sign on experience in Europe.
- Help scale Braintree’s payment gateway introducing a bunch of micro-optimizations that saved hundreds of milliseconds.
- Helped rebuild Braintree’s CI system Jenkins leveraging docker for significant improvement in build time. Gave a talk about this at DevopsDays Chicago 2016 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG2_acl-Ks4.
- Continuous maintenance of Braintree’s CI infrastructure.
Member of Technical Staff (Architect and Technical Lead) (2017-present) Braintree PayPal
- Led architectural decisions for Kubernetes at Braintree.
- Led implementation and adoption of Kubernetes at Braintree.
- Continuous maintenance of Braintree’s Kubernetes infrastructure.
What kind of value can I provide?
While I love to write software, I DO NOT plan to write software during this period as I am not convinced that writing code will be the best use of my time and this arrangement, so find below ways I believe I can add value:
- Help introduce and envagelize agile practices.
- Help introduce Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
- Help adopt containers.
- Help review new and existing architectures.
- Maybe pair program.
If the above sounds interesting you can reach me at email@example.com